Energy Efficient Windows Savannah
Let’s face it. In extreme weather months like winter and summer, your energy bills can easily skyrocket – much to your dismay. While it may seem inevitable that this happens during these extremely hot or cold months, it doesn’t have to be. With energy-efficient windows from Window World of Savannah, you may be able to achieve significant savings on your energy bills over time.
Because windows are made up of 80% glass, the effect that natural light has on a window is extensive. With the SolarZone™ Insulated Glass Package from Window World you can expect significant savings in your home’s heating and cooling costs, in addition to:
Constant Temperatures in Your Home
The one-piece metal alloy, U-channel design of the Intercept™ Spacer System creates an effective thermal barrier to reduce conducted heat loss, which may increase the R-value of your window by 104% in winter months. The added insulation and sealed one-piece design makes your window better at retaining insulated gas, meaning that your home will maintain your desired constant temperature better.
Increased Room Comfort and Appearance
When the edges or your window are sealed appropriately and feature an Intercept spacer system, they are warmer during cooler months, keeping you comfortable and warm in your own home. Additionally, the Low-E glass and Intercept™ System work together to cut the damaging effects of the sun, decreasing the risk of your carpets, curtains and furniture fading over time.
With conventional insulating glass units, the sealant that holds the unit together flexes and contracts during temperature changes, ultimately causing stress and failure to the sealant and resulting in insulating gas loss. With the Intercept™ Spacer System, the spacer flexes instead of the sealant, resisting space movement and premature sealant failure.
How does Low-E Glass (LG) work?
Low-E glass filters long-wave radiation from the sun. This reduces solar heat gain from the sun in the summer… keeping your home cooler.
Low-E glass takes on a new duty in winter months. It lets warm solar rays into your home… while blocking the heat in your home from getting out.
How does the Intercept™ Spacer System work?
- Its one-piece metal alloy, U-channel design creates an effective thermal barrier to help reduce conducted heat loss.
- Its sealed one-piece design makes it stronger and better at retaining insulating gas than many conventional designs.
How do Intercept™ Spacers add to room comfort?
- They keep the edges of the window glass warmer, so your home feels more comfortable in winter.
- The temperature difference between the edge of an insulating glass unit with an ordinary spacer, and one with an Intercept™ spacer system can be dramatic.
How do Intercept™ Spacers Help Windows to Last Longer?
- LG units expand and contract with temperature changes.
- In conventional insulating glass units, the sealant holding the unit together takes the stress of this flexing and can cause seal failure and insulating gas loss.
- In an Intercept™ LG. unit, the spacer flexes instead of the sealant, so it resists spacer movement and premature sealant failure.
Thermography dramatizes the difference.
The window on the left is a clear insulated glass unit. The heat transmittance, indicated by the green, yellow and orange colors from the heat scale, is far more apparent than that of the window containing the Solarban® 60 Low-E insulated glass unit.
Should you choose to install energy-efficient windows from Window World of Savannah you may see dramatic differences in your heating and cooling bills. Are you ready to feel the difference of a Window World window? Give our experienced and courteous team of professionals a call today to learn more!
Ready to reduce your home’s energy consumption with energy-efficient windows? Contact Window World of Savannah today to get started!